* worsted weight yarn (185 yards) I used I love this yarn in “Black Sparkle” and "yellow"
* K hook
* Pom pom maker
* Stitch marker for marking the beginning of the round
* FPHDC- Front Post Half Double Crochet
* BPHDC- Back Post Half Double Crochet
* ST- Stitch
* REP- Repeat
* Just keep working in a spiral. To start each round just start. DO NOT slip ST and ch 1
* Pay attention in the 4th round. That is written correctly. I liked the way it made the top of the hat look to do it in this count rather than the traditional. But really you can get to a total of 56 stitches any way you like and then continue from there :0)
* For stripe pattern-use main house color for 3 rounds and secondary color for one round throughout the body of the hat.
* Make 10 HDC in a loop (use the magic loop method or chain a few and join into a loop)- 10 ST
* Make 2 HDC in each ST around- 20 ST
* Make 1 HDC in the next ST and 2 HDC in the ST after that. REP for the round- 30 ST
* Make 1 HDC in the next 3 ST and 2 HDC in the ST after that. REP for the round- 37 ST
* Make 1 HDC in the next 3 ST and 2 HDC in the ST after that. REP for the round- 46 ST
* Make 1 HDC in the next 4 ST and 2 HDC in the ST after that. REP for the round- 55 ST
* Make 2 HDC in the first ST and 1 HDC in every ST for the rest of the round- 56 ST
* Make 1 HDC per ST for the next 16 rounds (or about as long as you want your hat. The ribbing will fold up so get your ears all covered and everything in this stage :0)
* Now working through the back loop make 1 HDC in each stitch around (this makes the ribbing fold over easier. So if you like one side of your hat better than the other it can fold to the other side by working through the front loop for this round.) in your last round change to your secondary house color and continue in that color for the remainder of the hat
* Now make 1 FPDC in the next 2 ST and 1 BPDC in the 2 ST after that. REP for the next 6 rounds
* Weave in all your ends.
* Make a Pom Pom anyway you like or leave it off. I like to use a pom pom maker. Its an awesome lil plastic contraption that I think every crocheter needs hahaha.
* Tie you Pom Pom onto the top and you are DONE! Good Job! Your hat looks great!
I hope you liked this pattern.
This pattern belongs to me Pren Wilcox. Please don’t replicate it to sell. I offer it for free cause craftin is AWESOME!I took my inspiration for the harry potter series by J K Rowling because I am a huge fan and this is fan art meant to show my appreciation.